How to improve phone calls and video calls with Devialet Gemini
- Improve the user experience when answering phone calls (iOS Only)
- Improve the audio quality in video conference applications (Zoom, GMeet, Skype, etc.)
Improve the user experience when answering phone calls (iOS Only)
To use Devialet Gemini as your default system when answering phone calls on your iPhone follow these steps :
- Open the Settings of your iPhone
- Tap “Accessibility”
- In the Accessibility menu select “Touch”
- Scroll down the page and go to “Call Audio Routing”
- Then make sure to select “Bluetooth Headset” as the default audio routing option
Improve the audio quality in video conference applications (Zoom, GMeet, Skype, etc...)
This article will help you make the most out of Devialet Gemini when using it during video calls and meetings.
When using true wireless earbuds as a microphone in video conference applications, the audio signal will be impacted in order to allow more channels to pass through. In this respect, we would like to point out that this does not only concern Devialet Gemini but all wireless headphones using Bluetooth as a way to communicate.
For this reason, we recommend using the internal/built-in microphone of your laptop and using Devialet Gemini for audio reception only.
Here is how to proceed on common video conference and meeting platforms.
To select the built-in microphone in Zoom click on the Settings gear located at the top right of the window.
Proceed to the audio section and select the built-in/internal microphone option under the scrolling microphone menu.
To select the built-in microphone in Google Meet, click on the 3 vertical dots located at the bottom right of the window.
Then go to Settings
In the audio section, make sure that the built-in/internal microphone is selected as a microphone input.
Microsoft Teams, Skype, Discord, Slack, etc.
The previous steps also apply to other video conference applications such as Microsoft Teams, Discord, Slack, Skype, and so forth.
In general and for all video conference applications :
- Start by locating the Settings menu/gear icon and click on it
- Then in the audio section make sure to always select the built-in/internal microphone as the default input microphone and not Devialet Gemini.