Note for Spark Users - 2021
Back in 2018, we launched a new software environment, Devialet Operating System Version 2 (DOS 2), and a new app to control it: Devialet app.
This new software aims to gather all Phantoms under one robust environment. Supported features include:
- Multiroom and stereo capabilities for all Phantoms, without the need for a Dialog
- New accessories such as the new Remote and Arch
- Airplay 2
- Roon Ready
- Night mode
- 24-bits streaming support
- 12 languages available
- Both manual and automated dynamic network interface selections between PLC and Wi-Fi to improve stability
- Latency adjustment possibility for A/V sources
- Support of Premium and Free accounts through Spotify Connect
- Low latency direct optical mode for Phantom I (professional use)
- On-demand Bluetooth pairing in-app to secure access
- Support of new products and namings : Phantom I (previously Phantom Premier) and Phantom II (previously Phantom Reactor)
We intend to provide an open, robust, and enjoyable experience by adopting new streaming protocols and constantly reinforcing the Devialet app and DOS 2 with more functionalities. Consequently, we have decided to focus our efforts entirely on DOS 2 and stop maintaining our Operating System 1 and the Spark app that comes along with it. No updates for DOS 1 or Spark are planned, and we cannot ensure the compatibility of the Spark app with future iOS or Android versions.
Therefore, we strongly suggest moving to DOS 2 to get the most out of your products and to enjoy new and upcoming features and enhancements.
Please note, you won’t find the following use cases under DOS 2:
- Tidal in-app, for which we suggest using either Airplay 2, Bluetooth, UPnP or Roon for up to 24-bits streaming.
- Qobuz in-app, for which we suggest using either Airplay 2, Bluetooth, UPnP or Roon for up to 24-bits streaming.
- Radio in-app, for which we suggest using third party apps such as TuneIn.
- Desktop apps for Windows and macOS, for which we suggest using third party apps with either Airplay 2, Bluetooth, UPnP or Roon for up to 24-bits streaming.
Spark users have been with us since the early days and therefore will always mean a lot to us. With this decision, we aim to provide a refined and enhanced experience of Phantom. Our sole focus is to delight you and to make your investment worth it.