Get to know Devialet Gemini
On October 10th, 2020, Devialet announced Devialet Gemini. These are the first truly wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation made by Devialet.
- 1. What is inside Devialet Gemini?
- 2. What are the main differences with competitors?
- 3. How to use Devialet Gemini?
- 4. What is the purpose of the Devialet Gemini app?
- 5. How to conduct the mobile app setup and the initial pairing?
- 6. What are the available sound modes?
- 7. What are the sound designs of Devialet Gemini?
- What are the minimum requirements for the Devialet Gemini app?
- Can I use the Devialet Gemini app on my iPad or tablet?
- Can I adjust the sound and frequencies with Gemini?
- Can I change the name of my Devialet Gemini to recognize them easily when pairing them?
- What audio codecs will Devialet Gemini be compatible with?
- What languages will be available in the Devialet Gemini app?
- Does Devialet Gemini support multipoints Bluetooth?
- Can Devialet Gemini be used for phone calls?
- What are the touch gestures I can use with Devialet Gemini?
- Is Devialet Gemini made for sport?
- Why use Devialet Gemini neutral mode?
1. What is inside Devialet Gemini packaging
When you purchase Devialet Gemini, you will find the following during unboxing :
2. What are the main differences with competitors?
At Devialet, we strive to offer our customers products with unprecedented quality, design, and purity of sound.
To reach the ultimate sound quality, we worked on several patents that shape our sound rendering and listening experience.
3. How to use Devialet Gemini?
There are two ways to use Devialet Gemini: pair it to your phone via Bluetooth (out of the box) or use the mobile application to access the advanced settings and features.
In both cases, pairing will be conducted via Bluetooth with your phone.
To pair Devialet Gemini, follow these steps:
- Activate Bluetooth on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop
- Search for Bluetooth devices
- Slide the charging case open
- Keep both earbuds inside the charging case
- Press and hold for 2 seconds the front button on the charging case
- Select "Gemini L" on your phone in the Bluetooth search bar
- An additional pop-up message will appear several seconds later to pair the second earbud. You should wait for and accept this pop-up message.
4. What is the purpose of the Devialet Gemini mobile app?
The Devialet Gemini mobile app allows you to:
Below are links to download the Devialet Gemini application:
5. How to perform the mobile app setup and the first pairing?
First, download the mobile app from the store (Google Play on Android or Apple App Store on iOS). Then:
- Launch the app
- Slide open the charging case
- Keep the earbuds inside the charging case
- Open your phone's Bluetooth settings
- Search for Bluetooth devices
- Pair your phone to Devialet Gemini (see section 3 above for additional details)
After successful pairing, open the Devialet Gemini mobile app, register your product, and follow the introduction steps.
6. What are the available sound modes?
Via the Devialet Gemini app, you can use multiple listening modes to fit every situation.
Once your earbuds are connected, from the home page of the app you will find the following options:
Select the sound mode, depending on your usage and preference.
By default (without the app), the selected mode is NEUTRAL.
7. What are the sound designs of my Devialet Gemini?
|Action||How/when is this sound design activated?||Sound Design|
The source is connected. You can play music
you don't have any source connected. The last one is lost
Cancellation to Transparency
Now you are in transparency mode
Transparency to Cancellation
Now you are in ANC mode
Cancellation or Transparency OFF
You have disabled one of these options
You have rejected the call
You have selected the right device in the app
> low (10% left )
> very low (1% left )
Max volume reached
Min volume reached
What are the minimum requirements for the Devialet Gemini app?
On iOS devices, the minimum required is iOS 12.
On Android devices, the minimum required is Android 6.
However, even if your phone does not fulfill these requirements, you can pair your phone via Bluetooth to Devialet Gemini and still use it without any issue. But you won't have access to the additional settings available in the Devialet Gemini app.
Can I use the app on my iPad or tablet?
Can I adjust the sound frequencies with Devialet Gemini?
You can adjust frequencies and gain. There is a 6-band equalizer in the settings of the Devialet Gemini app. To access it, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure Devialet Gemini is connected to your device
- Launch the Devialet Gemini app
- Go into the settings of the app by tapping the menu icon on the top right
- Scroll to the Audio section
- Select Audio Preferences
From there, you can manually adjust the equalizer to set a custom profile or choose from a set of defined options.
There is also a stereo balance option. Use the slider to adjust it based on your preference.
Can I rename Devialet Gemini to recognize them easily when pairing?
Of course, you can rename Devialet Gemini by following these steps:
- Make sure Devialet Gemini is connected to your phone via Bluetooth
- Open the app
- Go into the setting of the app via the menu icon on the top right
- Enter the new name (e.g., "Lisa") to rename the earbuds
What audio codecs will Devialet Gemini be compatible with?
Devialet Gemini is compatible with aptX, AAC, SBC codecs and it supports AVRCP, A2DP, HFP, HSP Bluetooth profiles.
What languages will be available in the Devialet Gemini app?
Devialet Gemini app is available in:
- Chinese Traditional
- Chinese Simplified
Does Devialet Gemini support Bluetooth multipoint connectivity?
Devialet Gemini does not support multipoint connection. However, Devialet Gemini is able to keep in memory up to 8 different devices, and you can switch between them easily via the Bluetooth settings of your connected sources (e.g., disable the phone connection and connect with your tablet or computer)
Can Devialet Gemini be used for phone calls?
Of course, Devialet Gemini can be used for phone calls and video meetings (once paired to the device which will be making the call).
What are the touch gestures I can use with Devialet Gemini?
During playback, here are the available gestures:
- Single press to Play / Pause
- Press and hold to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency modes.
- Double-press on the left earbud for previous track or right earbud for next track.
Available gestures related to phone calls:
- Single press does not perform any action
- Double press to pick up or hang up a phone call (works from both earbuds indistinctly)
- Long press to reject an incoming call
Is Devialet Gemini made for sport?
Devialet Gemini has not been initially designed for this purpose, however, we did multiple tests during sport sessions and the outcome is positively good for biking and running! Of course, the most important part before starting any sports session is to ensure the good adherence of both earbuds inside your ears.
Why use Devialet Gemini neutral mode?
In neutral mode, there is no active noise cancellation or transparency running. Meaning that the earbuds are not actively processing external sound.
Please note that even though there is no active noise cancellation, the earbuds are still passively blocking external noise.
We recommend using this listening mode when running or in case of strong wind to avoid possible unwanted sound due to the microphone's interaction.
You can activate the neutral mode directly from the app's main screen.
What is the size of Devialet Gemini ?
Length: 33 mm
Width: 18 mm
Height: 15 mm
Lenth: 74 mm
Width: 58 mm
Height: 31 mm
Can I try Devialet Gemini in a store ?
Some stores have disposable eartips. In these stores you can try Devialet Gemini by yourself for a little while. This is mainly in the Devialet stores and some resellers. You can find the list of all our sales points here.
- One of my earbuds is draining more battery
Our true wireless earbuds are based on an asymmetric control model. This is a normal communication structure for earbuds and allows for each earbud to dynamically rely on the other to extend battery life. However, this can lead to asynchronous battery levels between earbuds.
The master earbud has two main functions, it receives the signal from your source (Phone, Tablet or Computer), then it distributes the signal to the companion earbud.
With the new software release (April 2021), we've revamped this model, which still utilizes Master | Companion architecture, however, the master earbud will now always be the Right Earbud. You will now need to keep the Right Earbud close to your Bluetooth source.