Controlling the Phantom with your voice is possible. To achieve that, you need to connect a smart system allowing voice control (Google Home/Amazon Echo) to your Devialet device so they can work together.
2. Connection via Google Home.
Google Home can be set up with your Phantom system in 2 different ways:
You will only need to pair your Google Home speaker to one of your Phantoms via Bluetooth using the device settings section of the Google Home app. Then set the Phantom as your default speaker. Your Home device will still listen for your commands but will route all the audio through the Phantom. For more details, please consult the Google Home documentation.
Steps then to follow:
- Wire your Chromecast to one of your Phantoms with the cable mentioned above
- Once you have wired them together, you will need to configure Spark to auto-switch the optical input when it's receiving a signal from the Chromecast (you can find instructions on how to do that here)
- Then link your Chromecast to Google Home and set up your Google Home speaker to stream content to the Chromecast using voice control (in the video, only the part concerning music will be relevant for you)
Once you had configured your system, you will be able to control your Phantom over voice to play Deezer, Spotify or Google Play Music.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to reach out to Google Customer Care service.
2. Connection via Amazon Echo.
Amazon Echo can also control your Phantom system with your voice. You have two options to do so:
Just pair your Amazon Echo with one of your Phantoms in Bluetooth. To do this, please use the Amazon Alexa app. For more details, please consult the following Amazon documentation.
Optical (ONLY if your Amazon echo has an optical input):
To do this, you will need a Toslink to 3.5mm Jack cable.
The wiring is quite straightforward:
- Wire the jack end of the cable to your Amazon Echo and on the other side wire the optical end to a Phantom or a Dialog.
- Once this wiring is complete, go to the Spark app. In settings, activate the auto switch function for Phantom or Dialog. Then, when Phantom or Dialog receive a music signal from your Amazon Echo, your Devialet system will play the sound (please, follow the steps on this video: How to use Phantom's optical input)
- To finish, go to the Amazon Alexa app and assign a room to your Amazon Echo device linked to your Phantom.
Once you have set up Amazon Echo with your Devialet system, you will be able to control your Phantom with your voice to play Deezer or Spotify playlists.
If you wish to have further information, do not hesitate to reach out to the Amazon Customer Care service.