Pre-amplified output on Expert or Expert Pro
- What is the a preout ?
- Headset or preamplified output for headset
- Devialet Expert as a preamp
- Questions & Answers
What is a preout ?
Devialet amplifiers are mainly equipped with inputs, which means that you can connect third-party devices, such as a CD player for example, and thus amplify the received signal and play it on the speakers.
It is sometimes necessary to output a signal from the amplifier, to listen to music through headphones for example. We call it pre-amplified output or PreOut and this is configurable via the Devialet configurator.
Headset or preamplified output for headset
- Go into Devialet configurator and select the model of Expert, Dpremier or Expert Pro you want to configure
- Select the Digital 1 and choose "Pre-amplified output (Stereo)".
- Disable the option "Mute applies to this output" on the bottom part of the page.
- An output will then appears in your configuration
- Select the Remote setting on top right area ("Remote Settings") and assigned the options "Mute" and "Pre amplified output" to the two configurable buttons.
- Download the configuration completed and copy/paste it into the SD card
- Wire your headset to the newly set Pre-amplified outputs on the amplifier.
- Use an adaptor female Jack to RCA stereo male for connecting the headset to the amplifier.
- If the headset doesn't have a adapted jack size, then use another adapter
- Action to get sounds on the headset only
- Press the assigned button to the action "Preamplified output" which will output the sound to the headset
- Press the assigned button to "Mute" to stop the sound to be play via the speakers
Devialet Expert as a preamp
- Go into Devialet configurateur and select the model of Devialet amplifier you want to configure.
- Select the Digital 1 input and change it as a "Pre-amplified Output Stereo"
- In the volume control at the bottom part of the page, select "Fixed". This function will disable the volume change via the remote.
- This part of the configurator will then display "Preout"
- Go into the "Remote settings" and assigned one remote's button to the function "Pre-amplified Output" à un bouton
- Download the configuration and then copy/paste it into the SD card
- Wire your secondary amplifier (not a Devialet one) to the preout of the Devialet amplifier.
- Press the assigned button to the function "Pre-amplified Output" which will allow the signal to be recieved by the Devialet amplifier.
- Go into Devialet configurateur and select the model of Devialet amplifier you want to configure
- Select the Digital 1 input and change it as a "Pre-amplified Output (Mono)"
- then the input will be renamed "Sub"
- into the "Remote settings", assigned a button to the function "subwoofer".
- Download the configuration and copy/paste it into the SD card
- Wire your subwoofer to the Sub output on the amplifier.
- Press the "Subwoofer" button from the remote to activate the output.
Questions & Answers
- Is this possible to connect a stereo "Subwoofer"?
Of course it's possible, you can follow above instructions, but the output to be set will be "Pre Amplified (Stereo)"
- Can I filter the subwoofer's signalLe signal vers un subwoofer peut etre filtré ?
There are some setting to be use on the configurator
Full range - it means that the whole frequences will be played by the subwoofer
- High pass - the signal will removed the bass frequences selected (based on the settings). This setting can be used for the small speakers which are not able to played very low frequences.
- Low pass - The signal will removed the low frequencies (based on the settings)
- After getting the headset wired, there are no sounds in it.
Make sure that the remote is properly set with an assigned button ("Pre amplified Output"), and switch on/off the button Vérifier que la télécommande comporte bien un bouton "pre amplified output"
- Can I use SAM on my headset?
Headset setting won't allow SAM to be working with it. SAM is mainly built for a regular passive speaker.