Dear Expert owners,
Over the last few months, our engineers have been working hard on a new version of Devialet AIR.
We would like to share with you the latest beta versions for both Mac and Windows and collect your valuable feedbacks. Every streaming set up is unique and testing in many environments will help us build the software you want.
Also, on this page, we will share the latest news about AIR development and try to address general questions about the software. However, as this page is intended for general discussions, you may be asked to contact our customer care team for specific cases.
Update on 17/03/2017
Thanks to all your feedbacks, after months of beta testing, our engineers are happy to announce that Devialet AIR 3 is officially out!
You may download AIR 3.0.4 for OSX and Windows in your member space on https://en.devialet.com/expertpro/
Feel free to share your input and feedback on AIR 3.0.4 on this page!
- Quit AIR and any application using AIR
- Uninstall the current version of AIR
- Install the new version of AIR
There are no specific requirements for Mac users.
Feedback gathering protocol:
Whichever issue you might encounter, our engineers will always need some contextual information in order to be able to reproduce the problem, understand what is happening and fix it.
If anything goes wrong, please do not hesitate to tell us about it and provide us with the following informations that will help us identify the source of the issue:
- What operating system are you running AIR on?
- Are you using a virtual or physical machine?
- What type of your computer are you using?
- What resources (CPU, RAM, optical or SSD drive) are available on your machine?
- Do you have a firewall, antivirus or any kind of security tool enabled?
- Which AIR version are you using?
- Which AIR target device settings are set?
- Which audio player are you using?
- Which audio player settings are set?
- Are you playing local audio tracks ?
- Which web site are you streaming audio tracks from?
- Are you playing one or more audio tracks simultaneously?
- What are the format, sample frequency and bit depth of your audio track?
- Is your computer used for any kind of CPU / bandwidth consuming task while playing?
- Is your network used for any kind of bandwidth consuming task while playing?
- Are your sending audio data from your computer using WiFi or Ethernet or USB?
- What Expert model are you using?
- Are you receiving audio data from your Expert using WiFi, Ethernet or USB?
- What is the distance between each network device when WiFi is used?
Update on 19/10/2016
After analyzing all your feedback, some bugs have been reproduced, and fixed on the Windows Air version:
- Devialet Air 3.0.1 public beta changelog:
- Source of the "Vinyle effect" heardable on the Beta 3.0.0 public release have been fixed
- Sources of some "White noise" that may appear on the beta 3.0 public beta have been fixed
- some other minor bugs have been fixed as well
Before installing this beta, we recommend you to unistall the current Air version you have on your PC and to disable any anti-virus during the setup of the new version.
Also some firewall are blocking the communication between Air and your Expert (in Air you can't see your amplifier), please make sure you are allowing Air in your firewall setting to revert this issue
We let the version 3.0 public beta available on this page in case you need to keep this version.
Update on 08/12/2016
Today we are happy to announce Air 3 Release Candidates for both MacOS and Windows. Our engineers have solved almost all known issues. Some are still hard to reproduce, like random installation problems or disconnections on Windows and sudden drops on MacOS. We could really use your help to test thoroughly on all platforms and versions. Please download and install for your system. We really value your feedbacks!
I removed the prior beta & RC versions and let the last RC version (3.0.2 for Windows & 3.0.1 for MacOs)