I know you’ve been patiently awaiting the arrival of our Core Infinity software update for some time now. We had initially slated it for release today, and I regret to inform you that we are not yet able to roll out the current version. Unfortunately, it remains incomplete and fails to meet our stringent quality and safety controls. I am only too aware of the disappointment this additional delay will cause you.
That’s why I want to be perfectly open with you and provide you with a detailed update on our software progress.
Devialet OS is based on an audio Linux kernel that enables your Expert Pro to receive regular updates, providing you with various services and features. Our new hardware support and the system foundations have been fully tested and approved. However, the update mechanism has revealed certain weaknesses that we are in the process of correcting. This is vital to our product integrity, and we are now in the final stages of performing checks.
Sadly the other features we initially announced need more validation.
First and foremost, Devialet AIR, designed to stream your content in bit-perfect quality. Tailoring it to Core Infinity has required more adjustments than we first thought. We are still encountering issues with 192kHz HD files. Over the next few weeks, we should have a fully operational version of AIR 3 for Core Infinity via both Ethernet and WiFi.
The Roon team are working hard to make the necessary improvements to Expert Pro | Roon integration. We feel confident they will meet the same time frame.
As for Spotify Connect, we now have a functional first version, though there are still a few bugs to correct, including volume management. During trials, we met further complications, such as the need to limit volume control to -12dB from the Spotify app so as to protect both your ears and your systems. Once the next phase of development is complete, we will need to be fully Spotify-Connect.
AirPlay: I have been using AirPlay at home all weekend and with significant stability. Here again, there are a few minor volume issues to resolve prior to becoming Apple-certified.
UPnP: We are only few days from releasing UPnP internally. It will then move forward for final testing and approval.
Last but not least, automatic source-to-source switching continues to generate occasional software crashes. Our engineers are working tirelessly to correct them, one by one.
Software development is always a complex and lengthy process and often leads to overly-protracted delays in release dates. I can only imagine your frustration and hope you’ll trust me when I say that we’re doing everything in our power to provide you with software that meets your expectations as quickly as possible.
Here’s a quick recap of our roadmap:
- By tomorrow, November 8, we will deliver a 2.2 Alpha version to our dealers and retailers so they can test it and let you request a demo should you so wish. This version features AIR, Spotify Connect and AirPlay. It is not yet sufficiently stable to be made publicly available.
- On November 16, Core Infinity will be presented to the press, along with AIR, Spotify Connect, AirPlay and UPnP. Once again, this version will not be made public.
- By the week commencing November 20, two versions will be made available. They will still be in Beta, without critical bugs but with a few residual bugs.
- 2.1 Release Candidate, with AIR 3 and UPnP
- 2.2 Beta, with AIR, Spotify Connect, AirPlay and UPnP.
- We aim to release the official 2.2 Version by mid-December.
- For regular progress updates on Core Infinity, you can follow our logbook here and share your thoughts with us.
- Please be aware that we consistently take into account your comments and suggestions shared across different channels. More new features will follow all throughout 2018.
We will begin installing your Core Infinity boards as a priority over the coming days and continue through to late December. You will then be able to choose from the 2.1 Release Candidate and 2.2 Beta versions or wait for our stable release. It goes without saying that any physical outputs of your Expert Pro system will remain active.
You were among our earliest and strongest supporters and I know how much we owe you. We are doing our utmost to regain your trust. I shall make sure of it personally.