In our last releases of Spark and Phantom firmware update, we added the UPNP protocol capability into our Phantom's System.
UPNP stands for Universal Plug and Play - for more details on this protocol please read more info here
In order to use this protocol, you will need to switch it on within your system:
- Open Spark
- Go into "Option"
- Select "Device"
- If you are in a DUO or multi-room setup, Click on the Dialog, if you are on a Solo mode (only one Phantom with no Dialog), Click on the device to through options
- Toggle on the option "UPNP Renderer Beta"
note: we named it "beta" as we did not have opportunity to test all type of Nas device with our Phantom.
For using UPnP you will need:
- Media Server (which could be a simple external hard drive visible in your home network).
- Remote access which is an application in charge of piloting the flow between the Media Server and the Renderer
- A Renderer which in this case will be your Phantom system and will play the tracks you had selected.
We suggest several possibilities for the Remote Access such as Bubble UPnP, Hifi-Cast, etc... this are very easy to find application if you are searching on the web.
Products: Phantom | Version: 1.13
Setup: ALL | Source type: ALL
Creation date: 04/08/2017 | KB article ID: PH0225